Selling your home can be stressful. Here are a number of selling tips you can use to make the selling process easier on yourself.
- Price it right the first time. Real estate is a price driven market. Nothing will attract more buyers than making the right choice when pricing your home. Nothing will deter buyers more from purchasing your home than overpricing its value. At Palisade Realty, your Realtor will help you make the right choice when pricing your property. We will listen to your needs and provide an analysis based on current market activity in your area.
- Know your next move. Be mentally prepared and plan where you are going to live after you sell your house. Planning ahead will save the time and money associated with moving multiple times or trying to get out of a deal after you sign a purchase agreement. If necessary, we will help you locate a new home or rental before you close escrow. We will coordinate your transaction which will save you money and alleviate the stress of having to move multiple times. Knowing your next move allows you to make better decisions throughout the sales process.
- Effectively market your home. If you want to sell your home for the highest possible price, in the least amount of time (and who doesn’t) you’ll want to expose your property to as many potential home buyers as possible. Our main method for exposing your home is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is responsible for over 75% of home sales nationwide. By comparison, newspaper classifieds account for less than 10% of home sales. A listing in the MLS also gives your property exposure on the Internet. Most MLSs have data exchange programs so that properties listed in the MLS appear on websites like Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Realtor.com, Google.com, Yahoo.com, etc. It’s estimated that over 70% of home buyers begin their search on the Internet, so a listing on the MLS not only provides marketing exposure to all of the Realtors in your area, but also home buyers worldwide. Other methods we use include open houses, classifieds, homes magazines, Internet web pages, and For Sale yard signs.
- Make your property desirable. Most buyers want a move-in ready home. Take a hard look at each room and, if affordable, fix that ripped screen, replace the broken baseboard, and fix the leaky faucet. Cosmetic repairs you put off in the past should be completed before your house goes on the market. Take time to clean, clean, clean. Spruce up your landscaping. Keep your home in “showing condition” at all times. You only have one chance to make a first impression.
- Effectively negotiate. Negotiations involve knowing what you absolutely are willing to give up and what you won’t give up under any circumstances. This can mean price, but it can also mean terms such as closing date, repairs and closing costs. Identify and know what you “must have.” This will make the negotiation process smoother for you and help set the tone for negotiations. Knowing what outcome you want in advance will help you avoid haggling over minor items that could cost you the sale. Successful negotiations involve being strategically flexible. We are available to help you make decisions along the way.
- Let Palisade Realty close your deal. Today’s real estate market is continuously changing (short-sales, new lending restrictions, inspections and disclosures, etc.) We know how to effectively navigate your sale in today’s fast changing real estate world. Don’t take a chance, let us close your deal.